Rslgix 5000 UDT array limits

rpmducatiman

I am trying to use the (rslogix 5000 )compact flash demo code to write some data to a compact flash card. The problem i am having is when i try to increase the size of the (UDT) CF_File_Structure.Data (SINT array)beyond 65000 , i get an error "the size of the array on the data type is invalid..." so there seems to be a limit on arrays defined as members of a UDT that is not the same as the limit on a simple data type.. so far i have been unable to confirm what the limits are .. can anyone help?

thanks
rich

An embedded array (of any type) size limit is 65535 elements.

Don't know why .....

I tried this with the .Data array defined as STRING[65535], it worked, and the data-type size was over 5MB !!

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi, how do I convert 2x Integer registers to a Real? The two integers are from Modbus registers that contain a floating point value, I need to...
Replies
Views
What is the best way to extract the hour and minute from the register that comes from Yaskawa VFD. In studio 5000 I have a register saved as INT...
Replies
Views
I have an Allen Bradley temperature switch that I am trying to use in studio 5000. I am getting the message "Unable to interpret the IODD file"...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I want to ask what may seem a stupid question, as I have a project to send live data to a Yeacode line printer which will print meterage...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, in the alarm manager of Rslogix 5000, the tag-based alarm has been created. But when I tried to change the condition, it was found the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom