SIEMENS: DP Slave not avaiable and OB85

Indiaum

Hi guys!

First, sorry about my english and thank you for your attention.

In my rack i have a CP 443-5 Ext. (Profibus Module) and in its bus, Softstarters and Simocodes. My problem is, if one of them gets unavaible for any reason my CPU goes to STOP MODE. In diagnosis i read that the reason is the lack of OB85, so i add it to my project. Now my CPU keeps running with EXTF LED lit. CP 443-5 lights up EXTF and BUSF blinks.

I can`t stop my plant just because a dp node of that type became unavailable.Is this an acceptable method of doing so?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I found out a similiar solution and it looks much more reliable. But still, not sure if it is appropriate.
In HW Config, under Options, theres "Report System Error". This will generate all OBs and SFCs necessary to handle rack fault, module fault and others, with the option to choose the behavior of the CPU in case of any of this faults...and other functions that i didn't figure out yet what they do xD.

Sorry about my english, and thank you for your attention.