Looking for a PLC

pgarr54932

I'm looking to replace a Klockner Moeller, PS306. This is not a direct responsability of mine, I'm trying to help a friend and would like to keep the work to a minimum. Can anyone tell me where to buy this outdated unit?

From personal experience I can state, it isnt easy to locate a PS306. My first suggestion is replace it with anything.

IF you have a copy of the original code that is now on the PS306...all of the code, I think there are 3 files involved, then you can purchase a newer model from Klockner-Moeller (look at http://www.moeller.net). I have had bad luck with the 306 and 316 but great support from Klockner-Moeller. I cant say anything about their new line but I am sure its better than the old stuff. Anyway, if you have the original file Klockner-Moeller will assist in converting it to work on their newer models, they may even do the conversion.

If you need to talk to a Klockner-Moeller rep then try the guy in Birmingham, Alabama, he is sharp and does training on their stuff. I know the last name is Lewis but cant think of first name. Give them a call, its may be the easiest and cheapest option.

If you dont have the original code (or cant get), in print or on a computer etc, then buy anything you want and start from scratch. I was willing to pay to retrieve the code and use in a new system but they will not or can not do it.

BTW: http://www.plccenter.com sells used PLC's, I didnt see a PS306 listed but they do have a PS316 but that is a modular/rack mount type and not sure if they have the necessary I/O, worth checking into though. The program from a 306 would load direct into a P316 if you have the file (in this case just one file is needed) and sucosoft30.

You dont happen to be dealing with a WTI do you?

Last edited:
AAAAAAhhhhhhhhh

Dead PS306 = Dead WTI.
Wont talk to me about upgrade - Oz to much trouble I think
About to try Meoller for a ps4-341 but if no joy Mitsubishi going in.

Lucky I have a copy of the program I found after WTI refused to give it up, odd nugget of gold in that pile of floppies the last guy left