DL 06 ECOM module

JTE

Hello All,

I'm searching for some help.

I want to pull data (12 memory locations) out of a DL06 using the ECOM100 module. I want to pull data into a Visual Basic (or the like) program so that I can work with the data.

Anyone know how to "talk" to the PLC via the ethernet?

Jim

You can use KEPDirect from Automation Direct to get the data or you can use KEPServerEX from Kepware to get the data. Kepware has sample code (unupported) that uses the OPC Foundations OPC DA 2.0 Automation Wrapper that you can use as a starting point to get data.

You can use Modbus TCP with that if you're willing to work a bit with sockets directly...not very hard to do.

If you are a VB wiz,

Host Engineering( http://hosteng.com ), who wrote the programming package for Automation Direct, offer a Software Development Kit (SDK) for ethernet communication with the Automation Direct hardware.