1771 NOC card with power up error

Bob Smith

We have an Allen Bradley PLC5 40/E processor that faulted and we could not reset the fault. We are using RSLogic5 software. Until this point, everything has been working fine for over 12 years.

I loaded the program on a spare 40/E processor and replaced the faulted processor.
The processor is in a 12-slot rack that has four 1771 NOC cards and six IFE cards along with three remote racks filled with IXE, IFE, and NOC cards. All the cards are working except the four NOC cards in the rack that was powered down to change the processor.

I initialized all the analog cards using the I/O configuration chassis table by changing the units from Temp F to Temp C and back to F and clicking on “Accept Edits”.
I noticed “Power Up” is bold only on the four NOC cards that are not working, all the others are grayed-out.

None of the above measures were successful; the four NOC cards are still not working. What do you suggest I try to remedy this problem?

Can you post the program? Zip it first. That will make it much easier for us to help you out.

With the little bit of a program you posted. I would try toggling the BT EN bits. I bet there is more to these BT that you left out when you stripped the program down.

Try to toggle them ans see what happens.

[FONT=&quot]If we look at the first NOC card that is not working Rung 0,1,2. Rack 0 Group 0 The Enable bit and the done bit are constantly toggling. So do you think toggling BT21:0.EN on rung 1 is were the problem is?
Thanks for the reply.
[/FONT]

If I look in IO configuration for rack 0 group 0 I have values in the signal data in mA but they are not changing. Maybe there from loading program. Not sure where else to look for data from BTR.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]

I am at home now, we are running the devices in manual for now. Trying to come up with things to try Monday morning. Yesterday did try adding an xic instruction with a spare address in rung 1 after the PLC_RUN instruction and was toggling the new instruction without any luck.

Bob the program you posted has no configuration data. So you will have to get the manual out and look at it bit by bit to see what the configuration is. You could be sending junk data to the card only you will be able to tell that once you look at the BT data

The file was to big even zipped so I deleted some program files that should not matter. Here is the zipped file of the program that I loaded yesterday.

did you set the verify bit in these cards? if you look at word 9 of the configuration data you will see that bit 0 is set.
quoted out of the manual "Verify. If this bit is set to 1, the module will compare its current programming with the programming downloaded in the BTW. If they are the same, it will verify good; if they are different, the module will verify bad. In no case will any programming data in the BTW be applied to the module."
so uncheck the Verify Configuration and see it that cleans up the problem