Fix32 Networksetup on XP

fix_upgrader

Hi there, I am working on upgrading Fix32 computers that where originally setup on NT over to XP. Have done a few with success but doing the first one that was networked together. I have copied the setup from the remote NT to the XP and it was setup using NETBIOS. So far I cannot get it to communicate the the PCSERVER computer that contains the database builder and the ABR driver. All displays are showing @ sign. When clicking on a screen to go to the server computer I am getting connection NOT established with node. When clicking on screen to one of the other computers on the setup I get networking has not been configured for this node. I changed the node name on this computer to not conflict with others on the network and added its name to the server. Added NETBIOS in the networking setup. I am not familiar with NETBIOS and setup with that. Am hoping someone has some advice with networking. Does this seem to be Fix issue that I am missing something or networking setup within XP to talk to NT. I am going to change all three computers on network over to XP as soon as the other come in. Would it be better to change it to TCP configuration and just do all three at once or can this be done one at a time. Thanks for the help.

Hi there, I am working on upgrading Fix32 computers that where originally setup on NT over to XP. Have done a few with success but doing the first one that was networked together. I have copied the setup from the remote NT to the XP and it was setup using NETBIOS. So far I cannot get it to communicate the the PCSERVER computer that contains the database builder and the ABR driver. All displays are showing @ sign. When clicking on a screen to go to the server computer I am getting connection NOT established with node. When clicking on screen to one of the other computers on the setup I get networking has not been configured for this node. I changed the node name on this computer to not conflict with others on the network and added its name to the server. Added NETBIOS in the networking setup. I am not familiar with NETBIOS and setup with that. Am hoping someone has some advice with networking. Does this seem to be Fix issue that I am missing something or networking setup within XP to talk to NT. I am going to change all three computers on network over to XP as soon as the other come in. Would it be better to change it to TCP configuration and just do all three at once or can this be done one at a time. Thanks for the help.
I am not sure if this will be any help but only last week I had a problem upgrading from Windows 2000 to XP on a server/client setup (A web browser based scada). It was caused by the improved security in XP preventing the server accessing the client. I had already lowered all the security settings I could find but the issue was around the DCOM settings. I altered these, allowing the server access regardless of who logged on. Does this sound similar?

Hi

Have you pointed the SCU on the client to look at the server database?

Have you added the server name to the client host file?