Manual philips PLC

gcdgcd

hi All,

Please help me manual philips PLC and software for programming.

Thank you for yours help.

Type PLC

Hi Jvdcande,

Thank you for your help. i don't know exactly type of Philips PLC. i just know it is Philips PLC. i have a code of it. I want to know the commands in the program.

ex: IN = ?
AN = ?
Do you have any documents related to Philips PLC? please help me.

I hope you understand my explanation. my english is not good.

Thank you very much.

Sorry, but this is not familiar code to me. I know Philips made different PLCs because I used to work for them. I know of three different families (PLC10, PC20/MC20/MC30 and P8), but I've only worked with the PC20/MC20/MC30 family. I'm sure it's not original code for this family.

It looks to me as if this is a 12-bit code (first digit being 0 all over), so it means the PLC could be a PLC10. At the time the code for PLC10 was presented as 4 octal digits with the first digit being the operator and the next three digits being the address. The PC10 PLC family has been obsolete since about 25 years. I know this is bad news because finding information might be very difficult.

Kind regards and good luck in your search,

I worked for Philips, too, and know it's not PC20 or P8. We ~might~ have had some documentation for the old PLC10, but I don't work there anymore...

Seems like :
A is AND
AN is AND NOT
O is OR
O is OR NOT
CA is COUNT ADD
OT is OUTPUT
IN is INPUT

maybe........

@ jvdcande: thank for your help.
@ OZEE:
yes exactly commands as you mentioned below. it is PLC10.

IN, CI, AN, CA, SB, RB, OT, OR, CO, EQ, EL, NO, BT...???

if you can, please help me document of plc10.

Thank you, OZEE.
keep smiling.

Plc 20

Greetings,
Has anyone worked with a Phillips PC 20 with a TG4 Axis module?
Does anyone know where a TG4 module could be found out there? I have searched the web with no success.

Last edited:
Hi Jvdcande,

Could you send me any information (manuals, programing textbook, simulator for PC)for PHILIPS PC20 plc?

Thank you very much.
José

Hi Jvdcande,

Could you send me any information (manuals, programing textbook, simulator for PC)for PHILIPS PC20 plc?

Thank you very much.
José
Sorry, but no, I can't. I have left Philips about 20 years ago. If I remember it well, the manuals were on paper only and about a 1000 pages. If I had a copy (which I don't) it would cost you a lot to send it to you. As far as I know there never has been a simulator for PC20.

Kind regards,

See Jvdcande's old 2002 post about the Philips PLCs.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=18088

Philips PLCs went to Nyquist Industial Control Holdings B.V.
http://www.insideview.com/directory/nyquist-industrial-control-holdings-b-v

Nyquist is owned now by Robert Bosch GmbH, which apparently farmed the PLCs off to a subsidiary company, Bosch Rexroth, which now makes about 3 models of PLC.
http://www.boschrexroth.com/dcc/Vornavigation/Vornavi.cfm?&language=en&PageID=g96071

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bosch_GmbH

Last edited:
Thanks for the links Lancie, these brought back memories from the good old times. Unfortunately none of the links do mention the PC20 families any more. It seems these PLC families (PC20/MC20/MC30) have ceased to exist.

Kind regards,

It is sad to see those good old days fading away. At one time, companies, even second owners, felt obligated to maintain records on their obosolete products, in case some old customer needed the information. Now product data is only maintained for a limited number of years, and where a company changes hands, there may not be any record maintenance of the former products at all. You would think that with cheap digital data storage, they would feel some obligation to maintain minimal product data and user manuals.

Thanks, Schtiel. Those files will be a big help to any old Phillips users that might find their way here.