Starting with SCL

MartinW

Hi,

I've recently started using SCL and I can't seem to find an answer to this problem...

I have created a DB, DB900, in a S7 project, called dbFred. dbFred is made up of a complex struct, say "Person":-

Person
Height : int
weight : int

The UDT compiles ok, no errors there.

So in my SCL code, I call dbFred.Person.Height but the compiler doesn't recognise any of the symbolic names. If I replace "dbFred" with DB900 some of the errors go away.

How do I get the compiler to recognise symbolic names?

Thanks,

The following compiles, dbFred is in the symbol table.

Code:
DATA_BLOCK "dbFred"
    STRUCT
    Person:STRUCT
     rHeight:REAL;
     rWeight:REAL;
     END_STRUCT;    
    END_STRUCT
BEGIN
END_DATA_BLOCK

FUNCTION FC999 : Void
VAR_TEMP
rData:REAL;
END_VAR
rData:="dbFred".Person.rHeight;
END_FUNCTION

Hi Simon,

My DB is in the symbol table. It was created in the LAD viewer normally, not by compiling the text declaration.

So do I have to declare all of the structs in a DB in SCL as well as the DB itself?

:oops:

ok, it seems my errors were being caused by addressing arrays in my structs with () rather than []