S5 Function Block protected

danielzan

Hi, wanting to modify the FB3 in the two programs below, is that they are protected in some way, think that will be something in the headlines, but I don´t know the technique.

The first (PROTO1) shows

SPB M001
BE

And that is the whole module!!!

I open it, editing and adding NOP 0, then appears M001= and if I put *** and save it, shows all the segments.

The second (PROTO2) trying to do the same thing, when I save it then hangs the programmer :eek:

May be someone knows the trick, I use STEP5 / ST v7.2

Thanks in advance for your atention, yours sincerely Daniel

Last edited:
Protecting a program is usually done for a very good reason. The best way to deal with it is to contact the OEM. Bypassing protection is something we don't like to assist in, it might be illegal. We are in no position to judge if your question is legitimate or not.

Kind regards,

I did not know or have read any paper about how to do this type of protections in STEP5.

Sorry then, the programs are alreay open (both are the same but with different type of protection). I was just curious on how to do it.

Sorry again and best regards, Daniel.