Security networking Question

arcurifisher

We had a security audit for our bank 6 months ago. We are now doing a follow up audit. Since the first audit they added a wireless access points at the two locations. One for customers and one for workers. The managers at each branch have no idea if security measures have been implemented. What can I do to improve the wireless LAN security? How do I keep customers from getting on workers WLAN and vice versa? What would you guys recommend for each?

this is something that an IT professional should be taking care of. I would think that you would want to segregate the business network from the customers network for one. It sounds like you dont know much about networking(neither do I), so you should really get someone involved that does know.

Do mean a bank like a money bank? If so that's kinda scary.

Wifi is hard to make fully secure about the best way to do it for workers is Radius Authentication and that ain't fool proof. It can be hacked if you know what you are doing. Most mission critical systems do not use wifi period.

If i was providing wifi i would have 2 seperate networks this can be accomplished with a layer 3 switch and or firewall and the wifi would not be connected to critical banking systems.

Just like web based banking most things are hard coded for read only and very few writes. A write would be when you do a account to account transfer and these are written to a man in the middle system so to speak and it write to the bank primary system.

having wifi connected to critical systems is a disaster waiting to happen. Even on hard lines banks and critical industries should have 2 layer of firewalls and each layer redundant and the 2 layers need to be diffeent brands of firewalls to keep hacks and script kiddies out.

P34(3 0u7

Class assignment or he's working for obama. There's no way anyone could possibly be that retarded unless the US government was involved.