GE Fanuc 90-30

Hi to all,

Im vryle, currently working as an automation programmer at FilMeCor. We use GeFanuc 90-30 and as a newbie,can anyone give me guides or "hint" how this PLC works? I used to program s7-200 PLC during my college days. any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Vryle,20,Ph

YEs i will help you but First you must specify your hardware specification like CPU model, I/O modules models, 10 slot or 5 slot chasis; what software u have for PLC programming?
Regards

hi sir!

Ahhh just curious what is Proficy Machine Edition? how about CIMplicity Machine Edition? Is it the same as SIMATIC Step 7 for Siemens S7 series?

OH! for the specifications.... I will get back for that >.<

Just a Newbie!! :nodi:

Ahhh just curious what is Proficy Machine Edition? how about CIMplicity Machine Edition? Is it the same as SIMATIC Step 7 for Siemens S7 series?

You will find that not version of PLC programming software is "the same" as any other version, and that includes different programming packages from the same manufacturer.

However, the principles of the programming logic are similar within the same language. For example, ladder in the GE 90-30 isn't fundamentally different than ladder in a Siemens. The 90-30 is geared to ladder, and the Siemens is more geared to sequential function chart programming, which the older GE programming packages didn't support. As a result the addressing etc. is different between the two, and the mechanics of getting the logic on the screen and downloading etc. are different.

Having said that, if you can do ladder on one platform you can do it on the other. Concentrate on how to get the result desired, not on the different way the logic is displayed, and you'll do OK.

Guys!

heres the details

I opened the panel, with the aid of our electrician :D
I saw four (4) GE Fanuc 90-30 PLCs.... I have to find the other one because my supervisor said that we have five (5) GE fanuc 90 30 PLCs.

ok back to what i saw..

All four PLCs use CPU374
All four PLCs use Profibus DP Master

modules:

PLC1:
Two Axis Position module (controls the Shear / head cutter)
I/O module
analog input ->voltage
analog output ->voltage

PLC 2

I/O module
Analog I/O module
high density Analog Current Voltage out module

PLC3

I/Omodule
Analog I/O

PLC4

just the CPU and the Profibus DP master.

I'll update this whenever I discover something helpful.. :D