Help Needed: PLC companies in Shanghai, China

zeck

I sincerely apologise if this is off-topic, but I am in need of help urgently.

My company (German) just won a contract to implement control automation in a few sites around the world, among which is in Shanghai, China.

What we require however, are a couple Chinese engineers who are already familiar with some PLC programming, preferably Siemens, but they would be sent over to Germany to be trained for a couple of weeks. Afterwhich they would be sent back to Shanghai.

The urgency is the project implementation period which is Jan - April 2004. (Yes, yes, crazy, impossible schedule, and it is the case of customer, budget, sales... ) Hence I am scouring the net for potential partner companies.

We are also looking to set up a Chinese presence in Shanghai, and it would be awesome if there is a Chinese company which we can work with on this, as well as a potential long term basis.

Again I apologise. I have "googled" for the past 2 hours, but to no avail. I appreciate any help, and pointers in a list of companies, or if you have any personal experience in any Shanghai-based companies, that would be great.

Many thanks, and cheers, zeck

Zeck, a have a Chinese friend who is a very good S7 programmer. He travels to China quite often, and is from Bejing. Send me a message at [email protected], and I'll put you in touch with him. He probably doesn't have time for your project, but he might know someone who does.

Thanks!

Thanks S7Guy,

We, after a few hours of asking around last evening, found an ex-school mate of one of the colleagues here. He is now based in Shanghai, and as luck would have it, he is in the same industry, so we would in all likelihood, use his company for this short term contract work, and when we are more familiar with the territory, proceed from there.

I have kept your email, and when we need more programmers, I would send you a mailer and see if we can work with your friend.

Thanks again. cheers, zeck

Last edited: