Has anyone used LabView / NI Hardware?

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
I used LabView a bit in college, however it has been years since I've been exposed to any of National Instrument's products.

I recently took a look at their website, and they seem to have three main Hardware platforms:

CompactRIO
CompactDAQ
PXI

The CompactRIO seems very comparable to the Rockwell PLC / ControlLogix hardware, but I was curious if anyone has experience actually using NI equipment and how it stacks up to some of the products a little more embedded in the controls industry?

What can the NI hardware do that PLCs can't, and vice versa?

Similar Topics

I've been getting some advertising related to the attractively packaged Wago Compact Controller, model CC100, lately. As far as I can tell it's a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a client that has a water tank with a loop powered level sensor; the 4-20mA loop goes through a telephone line, half a mile away...
Replies
Views
I'm working on a temperature/humidity test chamber that was made in China sporting a TATO PLC that looks exactly like a Micrologix 1000. Also has...
Replies
Views
I have been scouring the internet over the past few weeks trying to learn about Hart-IP. Does anyone know, if I have a Hart-IP device, should I...
Replies
Views
Whilst browsing the ODVA website, I came across CompoNet. Has anyone heard of or even used this protocol before...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom