Timer down

fpaezp

Hi,

As I can make a TIMER where the Accumulator. ACC is down,

eg T4: 0.ACC = -250
. etc.

I am using RSLogix 500.

Thanks in advance :)

If you make the ACC negative you will fault the processor. Since a timer is not a device, it is a computer instruction, it calculates the elapsed time from a reference time that is stored in the least significant byte of T4:X.0 and so it can only count up.

You can compute the amount of time remaining by subtracting the ACC from the PRE and storing the value in an N word. The value stored in the N word will count down from the preset to zero.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am working on an old machine that has a hydraulic filter that must be replaced every so often. When the filter needs changing, a...
Replies
Views
So I'm fairly new to PLC programing. in my PLC class my task right now is to write some logic that uses a thumbwheel to set the timer thats...
Replies
Views
I have an older G310 - so stuck with Crimson 2, but although it is not nearly as cool, I'm doing ok with it. The issue I have is that I have a...
Replies
Views
I have an unwinding roll process. On a display (7 inch Comfort) is a timer that shows "Time to Splice" in seconds. In the PLC (S7-1500), this is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Thought I might ask here if anyone knows, currently have tech support looking for a solution. I have a micro820 and wanting to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom