Cannot download Netpro Configuration to PLC?

MOeZ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I am currently trying to communication between Citect and Siemens 315 2-dp via Profibus, by using CP5611.

My problem is after i change PG/PC interface to Local Internal,
I can download to station manager and PC but i cannot download
to my PLC profibus address 5.(cannot find nodes)

So i change PG/PC interface to CP5611 profibus active then i try out, Totally i cannot download all the things.

In my station configurator, VFD1 and CP5611 is run, So what is the problem will be? Kindly help me out.

P.S I am beginner and trying to set up based on communication procedure between Citect and siemens manual got it from this forum. but i still not succeded. Anybody help me? please! i am connecting PC and PLC by using Profibus cable.

Any Help?

Hello All,

I am currently trying to communication between Citect and Siemens 315 2-dp via Profibus, by using CP5611.

My problem is after i change PG/PC interface to Local Internal,
I can download to station manager and PC but i cannot download
to my PLC profibus address 5.(cannot find nodes)

So i change PG/PC interface to CP5611 profibus active then i try out, Totally i cannot download all the things.

In my station configurator, VFD1 and CP5611 is run, So what is the problem will be? Kindly help me out.

P.S I am beginner and trying to set up based on communication procedure between Citect and siemens manual got it from this forum. but i still not succeded. Anybody help me? please! i am connecting PC and PLC by using Profibus cable.

Can i use profibus cable to communicate PLC via CP5611 card? thanks in advance.:cry::cry:

You are using your Citect PC as programming PC, that complicates it a bit.

In order to achieve that you can download to both the PLC and the "PC Station", you must configure a STEP7 project that contains BOTH the PC Station as your programming PC AND the target S7 PLC.

An easy alternative is to just keep S7ONLINE = CP5611 for the PLC programming, and then transfer the NetPro configuration to the PC Station by using the Import Station button in Station Configurator. You need to find the .xdb file that is generated by Netpro for the import. Works everytime.

Imported

Hello ,

Many Thanks for answer but i still have problem. I imported sucesssful and all are in run mode. Could you please help me how to? Many thanks!

Hello David,
You seem to be close to getting it to work.
Using Siemens and Citect you get no useful information to tell you what is wrong. It is a case where everything must be 100% and then it just works.
To troubleshoot:
The first thing I do is to make sure Step 7 can "talk" to the PLC via your CP card. (Use Step7\PLC\DiagnosticSetting\ModuleInformation.) If this doesn't work you must first establish communications using a PC adaptor and download the Hardware configuration with an appropriate Profibus address.
Until Step 7 can "talk" to your PLC there is no point in trying to proceed further.
Next I use "Configuration Console"
Select your CP card and Bus Nodes and check that both your Profibus addresses (PLC and PC) are found.
As Jesper says: Use "Station Configurator" make sure your station Name is correct (it must be same as used in NetPro) Import Station should get everything ready for doing the NetPro download.
Good Luck. It will work.
Regards............John.

Won't Give up!

Dear all,

many thanks for answers, but i don't know how to start again. but anyway i will follow instructions then will try again. God bless me! As jesper says i need 2 pcs?

Bgrds,

Hi David,
Don't be distracted by wanting to have 2 PC's.

I always use the same PC configuration for both Citect and programming the PLC and have never found any problem. Certainly it is convenient to have 2 PC's. I usually have 2 PC's but with identical configuration.

Don't worry. You will get there.
Regards............John Gaunt.

Many Thanks!

Hi David,
Don't be distracted by wanting to have 2 PC's.

I always use the same PC configuration for both Citect and programming the PLC and have never found any problem. Certainly it is convenient to have 2 PC's. I usually have 2 PC's but with identical configuration.

Don't worry. You will get there.
Regards............John Gaunt.

Many Thanks for encouraging me, John!