Help For AllenBradley PLC

Help

• Total voters

abhijeet1

Dear Sir,
I am a new persons to PLC forums.Currently i am facing one problem in our Allen Bradley PLC. Can some one help me for it.
I am attaching a rough diagram of my probelm.

Also i have mentioned all the things of what all i have done for it.

Please can some one help me.

Regards.

the only common thing with the RS232 comms card and the ethernet card is their connection (hardware, Firmware and Software) to the CPU.
Check your individual card settings and confirm correct rack positioning.
For the e/net to drop out the RS232 it sounds as though your base settings are wrong.
I am not sure - Only a suggestion

Has it ever worked?

You say it drops in 5 sec.... so this means that the IP address was working then you changed it? if yes what was the other address

Are you sure it hooks up?

You're chasing two different problems.

1) Ethernet - You say it disconnects in 5 seconds. It disconnects from what??? Remember, this port is ONLY talking ethernet -- and has absolutely no bearing on the comm issues with the touchscreen.

2) Serial to touchscreen - How is your PLCs serial port configured? What are the configurations of the touchscreen? What is the cable pinout? This has absolutely no bearing on the comm issues with the ethernet.

And GIT asked a great question: Has it ever worked? Again, there are two sets of potential problems. If it has worked, what changed? If it has never worked, there's a high probability it's just not configured properly...

If you have a 1756-ENBT or 1756-EN2T/EN3T module, there will be some diagnostic or status information scrolling across the display on the module. What does this say when you have a "disconnect" problem ?

If the issue happened with all IP addresses, I would expect a severe noise or voltage difference problem.

If the issue affected only the Ethernet port, I would expect an IP Address Conflict.

But both of these problems together... .weird stuff.

The first few diagnostic things you should do are:

1. Examine the 1756-ENBT module for status information
2. Determine from Hakko exactly what "Communications Error" means.
3. Attach a computer and PING those problem IP addresses to determine if there are conflicting devices on the network.
4. If the MOXA device is really a hub, install and run Wireshark to capture the Ethernet traffic on that segment. If the MOXA device is an unmanaged switch, you will have to use another approach to capture Ethernet data, like a network tap or a managed switch with port forwarding.