Ladder Logix to find RPM ML 1400

jspann7

Hi all,

I've been trying to determine the RPM of an encoder using RSLogix 500 and a MicroLogix 1400 L32BWA.

I started by using the sample code from the ML 1000 manual; see http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um003_-en-p.pdf (appendix E).

The problem is that the ML 1400 doesn't use the DDV instruction which is used in the sample code (rung 2:2).

In addition, I'm using the HSC capabilities of the PLC and am stuck when it uses C5:1.PRE in the DIV instruction (rung 2:2) and the C5:1 in the CTU instruction (rung 2:2).

I've gotten the HSC to work by using it's function file, so i'm just wanting to know what to do/use instead of the DDV instruction and the C5:1.PRE register and the C5:1 bit to get this program working.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joel