PV+700-micrologix 1500 comms wiring diagram

robw53

i am having to replace an old hakko HMI with a PV+700 and the original cable was a 25pin male from the screen to 9pin female back to the 1500, i am wanting to make a converter to get to the right pin configuration and to take it from a 25pin to 9pin at the HMI end, but cannot find one on the net, the run is about 15m and i crnt get a cable long enough to do the job which would be a 2711-NC14 style, can anyone help me?

Rob

the screen went down before it was due to be upgraded and i havent got the Net ENI setup yet, does anyone have any micrologix 1500 comms setup parameters that are proven? i have set them up in the past and they didnt require any alterations on the PLC but this one won't connect and im guessing there is something wrong with the setup in the processor

The MicroLogix 1500 serial port defaults are DF1 Full Duplex protocol, 19200 baud, 8/N/1 framing, CRC error checking, no handshaking.

MicroLogix and SLC serial ports are always DTE type, and PanelView Plus serial ports are DCE type. This means you need to run a straight-through serial cable: 2-2, 3-3, 5-5.