Load mer for PV+1000 to PV700

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am being asked if I can load an application designed for a PV1000+ onto a PV700+.

It is an oem application, and we don't have the apa file, but the screen is failing and our spare PV1000+ is awol.

Can this be done?
Thanks
Paul

800x600 down to 640x480 pixels may require you recompile the MER file.

oops, my bad, I was thinking 1250. you should be able to do it, screen resolution is same

Looks like it will work. The original PV1000+ had the RP6 logic module (open windows CE) but I don't think the OEM is using any of those features and, luckily, the buttons and other graphic objects are still big enough on the 700.

Yeah, this morning they found the 1000 with water dripping out of it. They dried it out and installed it and found the graphics were all upside down and it flickers occasionally. So, they flipped the screen over and have been running all morning like that! The touch areas, of course, are not inverted so it has been challenging for them to keep the thing going...

Looks like the PV+700 will work just fine though, they are going to test it on the actual machine shortly.

Last edited:
Remember that when you develop an app in ME you don't actually create an app for a specific PV+, but you create the app for a specific resolution.

So as long as the comm options are similar and there is enough memory, it should work just fine.

OG

Well, it would not communicate for reasons as yet unknown. We installed the 2711P-RP6 from the old one onto the 700+ and it is now working. So, the problems were all in the display module, and the logic module was fine. It even knew the touchscreen needed calibration when we first powered it up.

There must be something different about how the ethernet driver works (or is set up) between the CE and non-CE versions.

Later, we'll try to get to the config screen and compare and contrast.