Step7 - FB array element comment

ged

Hello, I have created a FB and in the declaration, added an array of bools as a stat and cannot figure out how to add a comment to individual elements. When the data block is generated, the comment fields are greyed out so I'm concluding they are edited in the declaration.

An array is a valid data type for my application, surely I should be able to use this and add comments

That be the limits for array, cannot add individual comments. As it is presumed that you have x amount of identical items.
In a struct, you can add individual comments as it's not presumed that all items are identical.

Whether it be a valid data type or not is irrelevant in this case.

Actually, I did create a UDT as an option, but I just wanted to clarify the comment limitation. Thanks for info as my options are now either a UDT or Structure for my application.