Drive with PROFIBUS

azzoz_82

Hi all
I want to control the speed of VLT 2800 frequency invertor "from DANFOSS" using S7 siemens PLC via profibus cable. i want to do this application using three sensors for speed controlling.I already connect my components and finished the hardware configuration but i need a ladder diagram for my application.
Thanks

S7 <-> Drive

Hello,

Useful link:
http://www.proces-data.dk/5C/00602K4MVH/FCGK6-01/Description_ENG.htm

Did you ever wrote a communication for a device on profibus ?

What you need to do:
- Install GSD file.
- Change the communication parameters of the drive (speed source and commands source).
- In the hardware config of the PLC => choose a PPO type or user defined, most easy PPO type is PPO3.
- If you use PPO3 then you have a Controlword, a setpoint frequency, a Statusword and a actual frequency word.
- Then you need to know what to send to the control word and scale you PLC setpoint to the setpoint frequency of the drive. Mostly this is 4000 Hex, 16384 dec. If you work with the frequency 0-50Hz in the PLC, then you must rescale like this: (PLC_VALUE/50.0) x 16384

Regards,
Gerry

Hi all
I want to control the speed of VLT 2800 frequency invertor "from DANFOSS" using S7 siemens PLC via profibus cable. i want to do this application using three sensors for speed controlling.I already connect my components and finished the hardware configuration but i need a ladder diagram for my application.
Thanks

Combo

HI,I HAVING PROBLEM WITH DUNFOSS DRIVER VLT2800 (ALARM) ERROR 15
I CHECK IN THE MANUAL ,ITS SAID THAT SMPS FAULTY ,I DISMANTELLING THE DRIVER AND CHECK THE CAPACITOR IS HIGH VALUE 220uF/35V ,WHEN I MEASURE WITH LCR TESTER ITS SHOWING 229uf/35v there have 4psc so i replace all of the 4psc and see,the ALARM STILL APPEARS ,AND I CANNOT RESET ...... CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE WILL BE THE FAULT IN THE DRIVER?

THANK YOU