Profibus Comm issues

dcooper33

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Trying to get an ACS600 drive to communicate on a profibus network through an ABB NPBA-12 adapter module. All drive params are correct according to the manuals for the drive and the adaptor. But when I power up the drive and go into remote mode the adaptor "msg" light just flashes green, rather than on steady, which the manual says is "profibus communication establishment"

The comm board had been swapped out before I got there, and then I had a spare adaptor laying around and swapped that out, but still to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas about what else I can try?

Yes. Story goes that drive bricked over weekend, blew fuses on all 3 phases, shift electrician replaced drive, downloaded param's from hard drive on laptop via Drive Windows (V2.12), but new drive will I.D. Run fine, but throws the "comm module" fault in remote. All other drives on profi. network communicating fine, just not this one.

I'm at a loss, but then I've rarely had to mess with the profi system, its usually very reliable.

Well it turned out that param. 51.03 (PPO type) was set to type 1 and needed to be type 5. Has something to do with the word structure of the data that the drive sends to the PFB module. What is strange is that the saved drive param.s on the dept hard drive had that one as a 1. But all the other drives on that network were set to 5 and that fixed it.

Oh well I come in for training every day.

Happy 4th all!!