RedLion Datastation Plus Reset

DavidRojas

On my DSP, I’ve been experiencing a strange and repeatable event. When viewing the HMI screen via the webserver, the device resets when refreshing the page. Allow me to elaborate (details provided in case someone wants to replicate the scenario):

I have a DSPGT programmed with Crimson 3 (R4 Build 418) wired to a Linksys router (WRT610N) with a static IP. My laptop (IBM T60 w/ Windows 7) is connected wirelessly to the same router. I can log in and remote view and navigate through my HMI screens using Internet Explorer 8. I leave the browser open and I put my laptop into hibernation (not sleep mode). When I open the lid, power up, log in to windows, I frequently press the refresh page button on the browser to force a page from the DSP. When it refreshes, the device has reset. I know this because I have a splash screen that is called in the On Startup global actions before moving on to the main functions I call On Tick and On Update.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’ll have the equipment with me for 2 weeks or so before needing to install it. I’d really like to know why this happens before I have to explain to the customer that they might experience this.

Does this only happen after your hibernate your computer? Is there any other method that will repeat the problem?

Jeremy, I have confirmed that it is not so much as the hibernation as it is to long periods of inactivity of the webserver. For example, just today instead of typically opening my laptop and powering on as soon as I got home from work, I decided to browse to the DSP using my android smart phone browser (Google Nexus S). I started at the home page and then clicked on Remote View. A page came up with the black square representing the HMI screen but did not populate with images. I pressed refresh a few times and noticed that the DSP had indeed reset and begun to show me the splash screen.

I have been able to narrowed down the length of time of inactivity to more than 3 hours and less than 9 hours.

While writing this message, I decided to check the Update Rate on ALL the pages. I had accidentally left my main page to "Enhanced". I have changed it to Default and relaoded. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test if this was somehow the cause of the reset.

David - Just curious ...... Did changing from Enhanced to Default solve the problem?

Regards,

Marc

Marc, no, the root cause of the issue was a memory issue when incrementing a retentive tag. Further testing indicated it would happen around 3 hours after running...possibly an overflow. RedLion updated the Crimson software and since then the error has not occurred.