RedLion Datastation

rajy2r

I have a RedLion datastation logging data to a CF card.
When i disconnected the PLC, it seems to keep logging the last read data.
Is there a way to configure it, so i can write a value of 0 if it is disconnected, and maybe log a communication status bit showing its not communicating?

short answer yes

Lots of ways to do this. You can use the ComError function. It will read 0 when comms are ok and 1 when comms are not ok. You could setup your data log to only trigger when this value is 0.

Another way and my favorite is to read the RTC on the PLC and only trigger your data log when you see a change of value. I like this because it only changes whenever you have made a correct read from the PLC and it only logs once.

Thats what i was looking for. I thought i saw it, and couldn't find it again. It was in the reference manual as it turns out.

Care to share a sample of the datastation database with a PLC-5 if possible?

I have all the read tags configured to the PLC-5 (Not using Blocks, just tags). All i want to do now is create a heart beat to the PLC, so i can alarm on the PLC side. Also possibly use the IsLogging function to a bit for status to PLC.

Not quite sure what is the best way to handle it in crimson 3.