Step5 problem with something holding an output off

yogiontour

Hello Chaps,

I have a PLC program that is not functioning properly because an input to a set reset will not turn on.

The input is attached. I have no idea what it is...To be honest I'm only used to ladder stuff.

Any ideas?

untitled2.jpg

Its a long time since I did s5 however those blocks may be siemens standard communication blocks, it looks like it & the flg1 & flg2 could be status bits or error bits or anything to be honest, if the blocks are standard then you will not be able to view them they are protected.
It looks like they are comms to TDOP hmi by the description of some of the parameters, if they are then someone here may have documentation on standard function blocks, be aware that the standard functions can be given different FB numbers i.e. fb144 can be changed to fb244 etc.

Its a long time since I did s5 however those blocks may be siemens standard communication blocks, it looks like it & the flg1 & flg2 could be status bits or error bits or anything to be honest, if the blocks are standard then you will not be able to view them they are protected.
It looks like they are comms to TDOP hmi by the description of some of the parameters, if they are then someone here may have documentation on standard function blocks, be aware that the standard functions can be given different FB numbers i.e. fb144 can be changed to fb244 etc.

One way to find if this is a prepackaged FB from Siemens is to try and edit it. To view a Siemens FB is verbotten

I doubt this is a Siemens FB, as the parameters have English titles