RSLinx

Hi,

You will need a minimum of RSLinx single Node (basically anything but Lite). If you check RSLinx Help files, you will find several topics covering this very subject, with several examples.

I'm pretty sure there will be several examples/threads on here if you do a search...

Hope this helps.

Rob

I have been told that starting after Microsoft office 2003, Excel no longer supports OPC connections. Haven't tested this myself yet, but this will be an issue for me before too long. I am looking at other solutions... any one have any great ideas??

I have been told that starting after Microsoft office 2003, Excel no longer supports OPC connections. Haven't tested this myself yet, but this will be an issue for me before too long. I am looking at other solutions... any one have any great ideas??
Recently, I have installed XLReporter with excel 2007 with no problem.

As Kidblue mentioned, you will need a version of RSLinx that supports OPC data links. RSLinx Classic for example. RSLinx Lite doesn't support DDE/OPC data exchange.

Before you can access the data you will need to set up a topic for the data exchange in RSLinx. This is done under the DDE/OPC>Topic Configuration menu option. Create a topic name and point it to the AB PLC you want to access. Point it to the processor if you are using RSLogix5000 series PLC.

If the processor is not listed you will need to add it to your list of configured drivers.

Once that's done you can the use the menu item Edit>Copy DDE/OPC Link to select the item you're after. Browse the tree until you find the item you want to get data from, click on it and then click OK. This will copy the link to the clipboard.

In Excel select a cell and right click on it. Select Paste Special and then select Paste Link. You should see the data displayed in the cell.

Hope this helps. And please let us know how you made out.

Dave

Last edited: