Vijeo Citect Help !!

chuah

Hi,
I am new to Vijeo Citect.I have few problems need someone to help, hopefully can solve the problem and get the answer.

I using 1 Server and 1 display client

1. When making a changing in Graphic Editor, after i save it Display client won't follow the changing?How to solve it?

2. Currently my Vijeo Citect is connected to 2 PLC with diff IP Address , PLC A= 192.168.0.50 , PLC B= 192.168.0.51. Current Master is PLC A, when I change the mastership to PLC B, citect still referring the IP 192.168.0.50, at this moment should pointing to IP 192.168.0.51 and this cause communication lost.How do I solve this?

3. What is the diff between Control Client with full license and without full license. How do I check how many client connected to my server? and I tried to read the dongle, I get "Full License = 1" and "Control Client = 1" but when I configure the Display Client with Full License, the system will stop the run time because of license key not found.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks

1: When you make changes on the Graphic Editor, is the Display Client on a Different machine ? If it is then you will nee dto copy the relevant changes across to the Client have a look thru Citect help about the [copy] parameter and how it can be used in the ini file.
2: When you say "mastership" are you referring to a Hot/Standby pair of PLC CPU's ? If you are then you will need to find a way to force Citect to swap over. In Citect you define "master" and "standby" IO devices by their address. If you change your PLC's "mastership" Citect will still be able to talk to it and will not have a reason to swap over. There are ways to force Citect to swap over. Citect normally reads a particluar address in a PLC to determine that it can talk to the PLC you can define the addres that Citect attempts to read. I believe that you can set Citect up to read an Integer and to check that the Integer is constantly changing. If citect reads the same value twice or more it should attempt to swap to the standby device. You could then write some code in your PLC's so that only the master PLC allows it's integer to change.
3: Full Licence is required to read and write data to and from an IODevice. A Full Client can read and write data (via the Full Licence) to the IO device. There are also Manager Clients and Internet Display Clients thes ecannot write data bau can read data (via a Full Licence). If you have a Full licence and a Full Client then I imagine that you have Citect on two separate PC's. Only One of these is capable of talking directly to the PLC.
Citect support should be able to give you examples on how to setup your Communications to redundant (Hot Standby) PLC's.

Dua Anjing - Thanks for your helps.
First and third problem solved.

I tired to search the cicode, but I can't find any cicode allow me swap to the standby device. I'll try to search again. At the same time, I hope anyone can provide solution/example for me to solve this critical issue.Thank