Wonderware to siemens S7 200

garryt1

Hi All,

I have a wonderware application reading and writing data to simatic.net from s300 plc's.the problem is i have added an s7 200 to the profibus network and cannot seem to get the data read into the server....any ideas or examples on how to do this.i have contacted wonderware & siemens but stll hav'nt got what i am looking for.

Garry.o_O

Hi

Wonderware SIDirect DAServer 1.5 SP1 (1.5.100)

Overview
The Wonderware SIDirect DAServer is a Microsoft® Windows® application program that acts as a communications protocol server. It provides other Windows application programs with access to data within the Siemens S7 200/300/400 family of PLCs. The SIDirect DAServer provides access to a Siemens PLC through one or more off-the-shelf standard Ethernet network interface card in the computer.

The SIDirect DAServer does not support any of the following:

· Siemens PC adapter cards

· Siemens CP cards that reside in the PC

· Siemens SIMATIC NET library

While the SIDirect DAServer is primarily intended for use with the Wonderware InTouch® (Version 7.11 Patch 02 and later), it may be used by any Microsoft Windows program capable of acting as a DDE, FastDDE, SuiteLink™, or OPC client.

So DASSIDIRECT from Wonderware can handle S7-200. Dassidirect = ethernet, not profibus.

BUT

Siemens S7 I/O Server 7.5 (7.5.0.11)

Overview

The Wonderwareâ Siemens S7 I/O Server is a Microsoftâ Windowsâ application program that acts as a communication protocol server. It allows other Windows application programs access to data within SIMATIC S7 300/400 family of PLCs. The server allows the PC to access a Siemens PLC though MPI programming port or a Siemens Communication Processor directly connected to the SIMATIC S7 300/400 backplane. The server works on the PROFIBUS, H1 Industrial Ethernet, TCP/IP networks, and support numerous communication processor cards.

NOTE: This product is replaced by the S7 DAServers now available on this DVD.

While the server is primarily intended for use with Wonderware InTouchâ (version 3.01and later), it may be used by any Microsoft Windows program capable of acting as a
DDE, FastDDE, or SuiteLinkä client.

Simatic Net, profibus and S7-200... can't find anything about this.

Hi All,

I have a wonderware application reading and writing data to simatic.net from s300 plc's.the problem is i have added an s7 200 to the profibus network and cannot seem to get the data read into the server....any ideas or examples on how to do this.i have contacted wonderware & siemens but stll hav'nt got what i am looking for.

Garry.o_O

I don´t know if that is right!!!
But if you have S7.200 in the same network profibus, you can get this information in S7.300 from S7.200.
this can be an idea.

I don´t know if that is right!!!
But if you have S7.200 in the same network profibus, you can get this information in S7.300 from S7.200.
this can be an idea.

probably the cheaper one...collect data info on S7-300 registers across local connection on the usually built in s7-300 DP channel and S7-200 277 profibus module then repeat it to wonderware by the 300 ethernet port(PN/DP CPU)...

i did make a 200-wonderware connection but i used CP243 etnernet modules instead of profibus 277 on the s7-200 to get internet connectivity. It cost a little but more but works well

hi sir,

i am using s7 300 and Intouch 10.6 my problem is how i convert my string tag name "P#DB130.DBX516.0 " to DASSIdirect tag name?

i hope u can help me thanks guys..

I dont know anything about Wonderware, or what you are trying to achieve.
But, the "P#DB130.DBX516.0" is a pointer.
If you are dealing with STRINGs, then in STEP7 you are probably seeing something like "P#DB130.DBX516.0 BYTE 52" for a STRING[50].
Dont know how that is possible to address or how in Wonderware. But I am guessing you have to specify the starting address (DB130.DBX516.0 without the "P#") and how many characters or bytes.