STRING_TO_REAL in Twin CAT version 2.11

tech007

Hello People,

I am creating one application using TwinCAT version 2.11.

In which, i am getting string data as output and my problem

is that i would like to use this values for controling loop of

the process.

So, my question is that how can convert data from STRING to REAL values ?

I tried STRING_TO_REAL but it didn't work.

I also tried with oscat but i have some problem to use function

for conversation of string.

Any suggestion and help would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

What kind of information is in the string. Are they measurement values of status information. If they are statusinformation then perhaps a better idea would be to add an INT as well (next to the string) which provides you with the information you need. A LREAL is a fractional value and can change every cycle.