Difference between IF8/A and IF8/B

srv

hi,

Anybody please advice me what is the difference between IF8 analog input module seriesA and series B.I came to know that if we are using 1769-L32E controller when we are adding a analog input module IF8 we are getting series B and in module defenition we can see connection type as "input".but in L35E it is showing series A and connection type is output.Any one please give me an idea.Also how we can monitor input analog data with controller online

SRV,

See the 1769-IF8 User Manual, or the 1769-IF8 Installation Instructions. You have to configure each channel of the IF8 module to be "Enabled". See instructions for configuration using Output Word for the Input module.

http://literature.rockwellautomatio...0012&FamilyId=0078&passedLangVal=EN - English

Compact I/O 1769-IF8 Analog Input Module [FONT=GAHJC F+ Univers,Univers][FONT=GAHJC F+ Univers,Univers]15 [/FONT][/FONT]Publication 1769-IN067B-EN-P - September 2005
[FONT=GAHJC F+ Univers,Univers][FONT=GAHJC F+ Univers,Univers]Configuration Data File[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=GAHMF E+ Garamond,Garamond][FONT=GAHMF E+ Garamond,Garamond]The manipulation of the bits from this file is normally done with programming software (e.g. RSLogix 500, RSNetworx for DeviceNet, etc.) during initial configuration of the system. In that case, graphical screens are provided by the programmer to simplify configuration. However, some systems, like the 1769-ADN DeviceNet Adapter, also allow the bits to be altered as part of the control program, using communication rungs. In that case, it is necessary to understand the bit arrangement. Refer to the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=GAHMK P+ Garamond,Garamond][FONT=GAHMK P+ Garamond,Garamond]Compact™ Analog I/O User Manual[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=GAHMF E+ Garamond,Garamond][FONT=GAHMF E+ Garamond,Garamond], publication number 1769-UM002 for additional details.[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Each channel’s configuration words consist of bit fields, the settings of which
determine how the channel operates. See the table below and the descriptions
that follow for valid configuration settings and their meanings. The default bit
status of the configuration file is all zeros.
All analog input channels are disabled when set at factory default (configruation words set to 0's).
When a channel is not enabled (0), no voltage or current input is provided to the controller by the A/D converter.