XIO Relays

PeterDMC

I have some limit switches on a linear stage that output logic high (5V) when the travel limit is reached. However my servo driver (kollmorgen S200) requires logic low (0V) to indicate travel limits have been reached. I have 10 total limit switches 2 per stage, 5 stages.

I was hoping to just put in a few solid state NC relays to emulate an XIO ladder instruction but these don't seem to be available. On the other hand a 10input, 10 output PLC seems like overkill for such a simple application. Is there some other hardware that would be better for this purpose? What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Why complicate it? Why can't you just replace limit switches with NPN limits?

This is basically our most expensive option. The stages are are specialized for high precision lab work and the limits built in. The manufacturer wants a huge redesign fee to get NPN limits. We are only building one or at most 2 of the machines. So the non reoccurring engineering cost is high.