TotalFlow XIO TFIO DI/DO module won't turn DO on...

timothy585

Supporting Member
I'm new to the TotalFLow XIO and it has an attached TFIO DI/DO combo module. All I'm trying to do is close an output on the TFIO module.

I'm using Modbus and I can set register 7.64.21 just fine and it shows register 7.64.13(DO-6 Output) changing state and CLOSING, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the physical IO point on the TFIO module to close. It's an FET, not a dry-contact, but I'm just trying to latch a small 24VDC interposing relay, which should be no problem.

Am I writing to the wrong register to set the output relay or something?

Thanks!

Not sure about the register address, but I recently used one of these for the first time and recall that it had to switch the negative side of the coil.

is the xio powered with 24vdc?

we typically run any solenoid thru a relay. so we would typically have a 12vdc relay hooked to the output of the tfio. I usually switch gnd thru the trio so the gnd terminal would be hooked to -12vdc and the sign side would hook to the - side of the coil on the 12vdc relay. then you would bring + 12vdc to the + side of the relay coil. when you turn on the output the relay should energize.