1768-enbt

Mtech

Hello, has anyone ever used a 1768-enbt communications card with a 176923E-QB1B PLC? I just need to keep two networks seperate by usingthe port on the processor and adding a port. Thanks in advance

Only the 1768-L43 and -L45 CompactLogix controllers support that 1768 bus.

The 1769-L3x and 1769-L2x controllers support only the 1769 I/O bus and the onboard communications ports.

The right way to provide multiple IP addresses for a CompactLogix is to install a separate router and use port forwarding. Or, use a controller that does support modular networking.

I strongly recommend against using the serial port and a 1761-Net-ENI or other serial/Ethernet converter to "get a second port". Every time I've seen a user take that path to circumvent a requirement in a purchase or performance specification it has ended in tears.

Thanks. I was just reading manuals that I downloaded and saw that.. thankyou for your reply and suggestions. I will have to find another plc. Thanks again

If you really need two separate networks then used the ControlLogix instead of the CompactLogix. You can put as many 1756-ENBT modules as you want in a ControlLogix system.

I think that's what I am going to do. I have 1756-L62(5562controller). I installed processor(slot0) two enbt in slots one and two. I have 1756-IA 16/A and 1756-OA 16/A but I can't locate in I/O ,select module,digital. Does anyone know if a 1756-IA is the same as the1756-IA 16 /A? I haven't read up on the modules yet. Also how do u setup controller tags for a powerflex 40? I will be controlling two drives but never done this before. I will be using version 18 . Thanks for the suggestions.