ControlLogix5563 scaling

Mtech

Hello,
I noticed that the controllogix doesn't have a SCP instruction. I would like to scale a value similar to how this instruction works. Does anyone know of a way too do this? I found a SCL but its in function block which I don't have. Bummer. Thanks.

They provide an SCP AOI [Add On Instructions] in the samples that load with your software.
This assumes you had it load the samples and your version of 5000 allows AOI

The derivation of slope and intercept is an exercise in elementary algebra. The application of the derived parameters takes two basic math operations. Why do some freak out if pre made function isn't available?

Ron's efforts cited are a great help.

Thanks. That was what I was looking for. Now hopefully I can retain it. I'm sure I'll mess it up a couple times.

if you can't get it worked out, just post the entries that you WOULD use if you did have an SCP available ...

we'll work out the equivalent formula and post it for you ...

(and thanks Mickey and Bernie - for the kind compliments) ...

Why do some freak out if pre made function isn't available?

I understand Bernie, but you know how it is, you get used to using the SCP in the SLC and you move to the 5000 and suddenly you don't have it anymore.

It's kind of like, sure I could work out the math manually but my pencil needs sharpening so I'll just use this nice calculator to do it for me. We get used to the tools we have.

OG

The SCP is a really nice command, i miss it in many other plc makes, you just have to roll your own out and either cut and paste or add it to a library as a block

And Ron is the Guru :)

Please, Here is the data I am wanting scale. Scale 1: Input min 80,Input max 105, Scaled min 0,Scaled max 32767. The other one is Scale 2:Input min 80,Input max 111,scaled min 0,Scaled max 32767. Thanks for the assistance.

Here's the formula.

(((Scaled Max-Scaled Min)/(Max Raw Input-Min Raw Input))*(Raw Input-Min Raw Input))+Scaled Min = Scaled Value

it's a slow rainy afternoon here (and a LOT cooler than it has been lately) – so this is from the "silver platter" department ...

try these in separate CPT instructions:

Scaled_1 = (input_1 * 1310.68) – 104854.4

Scaled_2 = (input_2 * 1057.0) – 84560

Last edited:
Thanks for the assistance and documents. I will use your suggestions as it will help. You guys are AWESOME!