First out capture

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a compressor and the logic below is what is used to capture the first out, what ever tripped the compressor. Its simple logic and I'm wonding if there is a better way to implement a first out? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FO.jpg

Or, if you really have a whole pile of shutdowns:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=43121#post43121

Simply load the trips into the array (B219 in the logic in the link) and specify the length for the FAL instructions. It looks like you're using RSLogix 500 so it doesn't have the FAL instruction but has all the instructions that they are doing (XOR, AND, OR, etc).

I still use this, even though some here found it a nightmare to troubleshoot (you don't have to, it works). One of these days I've got to get around to making it into a AOI in RSLogix 5k to make it seem less 'complicated'.