Red Lion G310 to DH+ via Control Logix Bridge

dhunt97

I have a line of machines all running on AB plcs that communicate with each other via DH+. This line is hooked to our network via the ControlLogix DH+/RIO-EtherNet/IP bridge. I have a 1756-ENBT card and a 1756-DHRIO card plugged into a Control Logix backplane with no processor. This is what is making the bridge from DH+ to Ethernet. I can connect my computer to the network via Ethernet and communicate with any of the DH+ plcs because of this bridge. My question is if I hook a Red Lion G310 HMI to the network via Ethernet, will it be able to communicate with any of the DH+ plcs because of the bridge? I want to use one G310 on the line that will communicate will any of the PLC5s or SLC5/04s that are on the line.

Hello,

This connection will not work as it is. You will need to have a processor in the rack. Our driver communicates to the tags in the PLC to establish communications.

Thanks
Jeremy