s7 1200 and winCC flexible advanced

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I shall connect my s7 1200 CPU with a computer. I have wincc flexible advanced and I have made my program. I found on the siemens site how to configure the ethernet connection in WinCC Flexible Advanced. Is there anything I must do in step 7 to make this work? The CPU is at the customer so I can't try to figure it out by trial and error. Grateful for answers / Tim

No experience with S7-1200, but if you can define the connection on the HMI side by pointing out the S7-1200 CPU as the target, then that means that everything is taken care of - probably ;)

This is one of the things that the new TIA Portal should make easier. The setup of connections should be bulletproof.

N.B. For the final HMI application, wether a panel of a PC RT, you may have to setup the intended ports IP address manually on the panel or PC.
For a PC RT, you may also have to setup the PG/PC Interface to S7ONLINE=TCP/IP (adaptername).

Be sure you only access non symbolic DB's in the 1200. Check Link ID 38111886 on the Siemens support site.