Wincc not reading tags from S7-1200

Blue Fox

Hello all,

I am trying to connect an existing Siemens WinCC SCADA to a new machines S7-1200 PLC. I have connected anpther 1200 and a 1500 previously to this system with no issues but I can't read any tags in this case for some reason. When I "Activate" the SCADA the connection shows it is active with a green tick on the tag management page so it is definitely communicating with the PLC as this would be a red cross if not. I also tried reading the AS symbols and it did this no problem but the symbols it read were not any from the datablock I need to read from but this does show me it is definitely communicating with SCADA. The 1200 PLC is in a new machine from Germany and it has been password protected, they have just given me a list of the datablock information I can pull out of it. I have the commisioning engineer here but he is not a software guy so cant help, he is happy to phone Germany however I want to try and give him a few things to check first. Has anyone got any thoughts? Could it be access protection on the datablocks? Block optimisation? Any tips would be good so I can get there software guy to check a load of different bits in one hit.

Thanks

Hi,
so you can read data from merkers?

For connect to SCADA system is the best way create one interface DB. Programmer can prepare data from locked DB to your interface DB for SCADA. This DB should be unprotected, without optimalized access.

Which WinCC version are you using?
The S7-1200/1500 channel in WinCC 7.2 only allows accessing absolute addressing like DB1,W0. Then the datablocks you want to get access to must be set to "not optimized" in the plc program.

Since WinCC 7.3 it allows full symbolic access also to optimized datablocks, but the options must then be set correct (HMI reachable, HMI accessible, etc.).

If it's password protected, did you enter the password in the connection settings?