Siemans 200 series plc

siemans 216 procesor

I am not looking for a free or pirated copy. I am looking for the correct software to use with this processor. My distibutor is about useless on this subject.

Greg,

If the local distributor is as clueless as you indicate, I suggest you complain to the regional Siemens sales office. The distributors are supposed to be able to support the products they sell. If they can't they have no business offering the product line.

You can purchase products from any authorized Siemens distributor. You're not restricted to the one closest to you. If the guy across the state line gives you better service, then reward him with your business.

You need Step7 Micro/Win version 3.2 (current), p/n 6ES7810-2BC02-0YX0 to program the 216. We have the 2nd generation S7-200s out now, so if you are looking at purchasing a new controller, I would recommend using the 226 CPUs instead. Thanks