Internal bits in Rslohix 5000

weilerot

I have searhed the threads for an answer with no luck. In RSlogix 5000 there are no B:3 bits for internal relays. Can I just assign a tag to a output coil and have it function as an internal relay? Hopefully I did not misspell anything, I had cataract surgery this morning. Hard to see clearly.

Thanka in advance,

Herb

Go rest your eyes in a dim room. That's an order. Get back to this stuff later.

In RSLogix 5000 all you need to do for an "internal coil" is create a Tag with a data type of BOOL. If you want to have a bunch of them grouped together for convenience or functionality, you can create a BOOL[x] array (I always use 32 bits but they can be bigger).

Or you could make an Array of INTs or DINTs and address them at the Bit level and use them as bits. Then the addressing would be similar to RSLogix500.

You could make an array called B3, INT[20] and you could address them B3[0-19].0-15

But the good thing about tag names is you can set them to mean something. Machine_Bits[0-19].0-15, etc.