Micrologix HSC and EII

Allan Barnes

I have an application where I will be using the HSC 0 on a micrologix 1400 for Distance and Rate calculations. Looking here, and on the AB knowledgebase site everyone is resetting the HSC for accurate rate calculations. I will not be able to do this because it will throw away all the distance stuff. What I want to do is use the User Interrupts, to trigger a rate subroutine every time the I:0/0 goes High. Reading the manual I am concerned that with I:0/0 being used by the HSC 0 the EII can cause a conflict(EII error code 3 Input Selection Overlap error to be precise). Does any one know if this a problem or not?

Thanks
Allan

Similar Topics

Hi, everyone I’m working on a registration project where I’m counting encoder pulses between registration marks. I’m expecting to see around 1800...
Replies
Views
I am trying to program a Micrologix 1400 to control a beer keg filler using an IFM SM6001 flow meter. The meter will be set up for a pulse...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to set up the HSC in the 1766-L32BXB as a ring counter. So it will roll over to 0 counting up and continue to count up that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone first of all. This is first question in the forum. I am using HSC application. I'm reading A and B pulse count. 1 round of the motor...
Replies
Views
I am using a Micrologix 1400 high speed counter to monitor an encoder on a rotating shaft. I have an STI running every 2ms which takes the encoder...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom