AB RSLinx software

Christine1914

Hi,

I am currently working on an AB project.

I just want to know if there is any difference between RSLinx Classic Gateway CPR 9 SR1 and RSLinx Classic Gateway CPR 9 SR3.

Does it matters if I loaded RSLinx Classic Gateway CPR 9 SR3 to run RSView32 CPR 9 SR1?

(I encountered this service pack issue with Siemens' WinCC 7.0 SP1 and SP2. That's why I'm thinking if AB's service pack also matters and compatible to each other.)

There is an existing and running RSLinx on-site, but we just borrowed the license (RSLinx Classic Gateway CPR 9 SR1) from Rockwell.

We bought this new license RSLinx CPR 9 SR3 to replace the existing license.

I registered the license via internet at the office and transferred it on-site. I uninstalled the existing RSLinx and installed the new one (the one that we bought) togeteher with the registered license. But when I opened the RSView32 runtime, it is not stating on online mode. I tried to ping the SLC505 and look for it at the new installed RSLinx and it was there.

Note: I didn't create a back-up of the one I uninstalled.

CPR9 SR1 was RSLinx version 2.55
This version addded improved Windows Vista and Server 2008 support. Supports 32-bit only.

CPR9 SR3 was RSLinx version 2.57 added Windows 7 and Win2K8R2 32/64-bit support

Of course new hardware support is added with each new revision. Other new features and capabilities can be discovered by accessing the Release Notes from within the software or from the Start menu.

OG