RSlogix500 / RSlinx software

joeclavers

Could anyone tell me please where to download a free software for these items coz i'm just starting to program an Allen Bradley Micrologix1000? I just want to learn how to program PLC's and make some simple projects for home used.

Thank you very much.

RSLogix 500 starter for 10 point ~9324RL0050ENE and RSLinx 'lite' ~ 9355WAB100ENE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joe,

The above information came from a really good website ;) ;)

You have to register with AB, after you register you will apply for the down load, they are free both linx and 500, but I would suggest doing this late at night (AB time) they are large files and take some time to download

Use those part numbers, come back after you get them installed and we will help you get them set up, remember only get the 10 point PLC its the only one that will work with the free software, I will look up the PN for the PLC later (<---- Ron got it faster EDIT)

Remember have fun with it....
EDIT: Click....downloads/software updates/I agree/Select by Catalog Number/paste the PN's from above

Last edited:
Ron Beaufort said:
Greetings Joe ...

IF (that’s a big IF) you have a MicroLogix 10-point system with part number 1761-L10BXB Series F - then try the link below ...

http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix1000/downloads.html

if this isn’t what you’ve got, then I’m afraid that you’re not going to be able to get anything to work for “free” ...

thanks Ron,

I got a ML1000 with a part number 1761-L16BWB series A. I better looked for other options then. thanks

geniusintraining said:

RSLogix 500 starter for 10 point ~9324RL0050ENE and RSLinx 'lite' ~ 9355WAB100ENE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joe,

The above information came from a really good website ;) ;)

You have to register with AB, after you register you will apply for the down load, they are free both linx and 500, but I would suggest doing this late at night (AB time) they are large files and take some time to download

Use those part numbers, come back after you get them installed and we will help you get them set up, remember only get the 10 point PLC its the only one that will work with the free software, I will look up the PN for the PLC later (<---- Ron got it faster EDIT)

Remember have fun with it....

EDIT: Click....downloads/software updates/I agree/Select by Catalog Number/paste the PN's from above
thanks GIT, I downloaded the ML1000 starter programming but I can't run the program. It says "ERROR 1335: Data1.cab.is corrupt and cannot be used...". It just stops the installation and goes back to the start of it. I don't know to troubleshoot the application. How could I run this application? they are all in the same folder.

Last edited:
joeclavers said:
thanks GIT, I downloaded the ML1000 starter programming but I can't run the program. It says "ERROR 1335: Data1.cab.is corrupt and cannot be used...". It just stops the installation and goes back to the start of it. I don't know to troubleshoot the application. How could I run this application? they are all in the same folder.

Remove/uninstall it, download again, then install.

Sounds like Ron knows what he's talking about, I have not had that issue.

I heard that you should install RSLinx first, I don't know if that will help but try it Linx then Logix

You also realize that you will be able to play with the software but you can not use that software for your PLC (16 point)

I would still install the software and play with it, its a good learning experience, you can still make the programs, then post it here and someone can test it for you... or just help you make it work