Can anyone help me how to solve this? if you only have a spare time ;)

pipoyz07

The ProSim-II Silo Simulation From the Simulations Menu at the top of the screen, Select the Silo Simulation
silopanel.gif
Exercise #1 -- Continuous Operation
Completely design and de-bug a ladder control circuit which will automatically position and fill the boxes which are continuously sequenced along the conveyor. Ensure that the following details are also met:

• The sequence can be stopped and re-started at any time using the panel mounted Stop and Start switches.
  • The RUN light will remain energized as long as the system is operating automatically.
  • The RUN light, Conveyor Motor and Solenoid will de-energize whenever the system is halted via the STOP switch.
  • The FILL light will be energized while the box is filling.
  • The FULL light will energize when the box is full and will remain that way until the box has moved clear of the prox-sensor.

Exercise #2 -- Container Filling with Manual Restart
Alter or re-write your program so that it incorporates the following changes:

• Stop the conveyor when the right edge of the box is first sensed by the prox-sensor.
  • With the box in position and the conveyor stopped, open the solenoid valve and allow the box to fill. Filling should stop when the Level sensor goes true.
  • The FILL light will be energized while the box is filling.
  • The FULL light will energize when the box is full and will remain that way until the box has moved clear of the prox-sensor.
  • Once the box is full, momentarily pressing the Start Switch will move the box off the conveyor and bring a new box into position. Forcing the operator to hold the Start button down until the box clears the prox-sensor is not acceptable.

Exercise #3 -- Selectable Mode of Operation
Alter or re-write your program so that the panel mounted Selector switch can be utilized to select one of 3 different modes of operation. The 3 modes shall operate as follows:

• When the selector switch is in position "A", the system shall operate in the "Continuous" mode of operation. This is the mode of operation which was used in Exercise #1.
  • When the selector switch is in position "B", the system shall operate in the "Manual Restart" mode of operation. This is the mode of operation which was used in Exercise #2.
  • When the selector switch is in position "C", the system shall operate in the "Fill Bypass" mode of operation. In this mode, the boxes will simply move down the conveyor continuously and bypass the fill operation. As in the other modes, the Start and Stop pushbuttons will control the conveyor motion and the Run Lamp will operate as expected.

Exercise #1 -- Traffic Control using 3 Lights
From the Simulations Menu at the top of the screen, Select the Traffic Light Simulation
traflite.gif

Using your knowledge of cascading timers, develop a ladder logic program which will sequence a set of green, amber and red lights in the following manner:
Sequence of Operation:

1. Light O:2/00 (Red) = 12 seconds ON
  2. Light O:2/02 (Green) = 8 seconds ON
  3. Light O:2/01 (Amber) = 4 seconds ON
  4. The sequence now repeats with Red = ON.
RED GREEN AMBER 12 Sec. 8 Sec. 4 Sec. <-------------------------------- Time in Seconds ------------------------------>

Exercise #2 -- Traffic Control using 6 Lights
Modify your program so that the 3 lights which represent the other traffic direction are also controlled. It is tempting to use six timers for this task, but the job can be done with just four, and you'll end up with a much cleaner program as a bonus.
Red = O:2/00 Green = O:2/02 Amber = O:2/01 Green = O:2/06 Amber = O:2/05 Red = O:2/04 8 Sec. 4 Sec. 8 Sec. 4 Sec. <-------------------------------- Time in Seconds ------------------------------>
Still getting the odd Crash? Well it's pretty obvious that these drivers aren't paying much attention to Amber Lights! No need for any more wiring however. You can solve this problem, but it's going take a little more programming.

Exercise #3 -- Traffic Light With Delayed Green
Modify your program so that there is a 1 second period when both directions will have their RED lights illuminated. Note that there are actually 2 such overlaps that need to be accounted for. The timing diagram below shows the six discrete timing intervals required to accomplish the desired sequence of operation, and with proper cascading you should be able to come up with an easy to follow solution using just 6 timers.
Red = O:2/00 Green = O:2/02 Amber = O:2/01 R Green = O:2/06 Amber = O:2/05 Red = O:2/04 8 sec. 4 sec. 1s 8 sec. 4 sec. 1s <-------------------------------- Time in Seconds ------------------------------>
If a one second delay is not enough to get these drivers under control then just go ahead and jack the delay up to two!

Last edited:
there are two answers possible here.
1. what level of help do you need and are you going to post your logic.

2. How much of a hard time do you REALLY want from the members of this site.

Ian,

I just figured I might try my luck, if everyone else wants their work doing someone might be prepared to do mine for me.................if they have time!!!!

Mark

Yep Why not

I have just posted a **** Prog - I am currently re-doing

This program works great for you to learn on your own as you figure out how to complete each step. I am a electrician who used it and found that the accompanying resource links: http://thelearningpit.com/lp/doc/index.html
provided all the information I needed to get through all these exercises.
If you were to get stuck with one or two problems I am sure you could get answers here.

Anyone have the number for Child Services? I have a feeling this will be another Orphaned post. OP posts (Drops off Baby at doorway) and never returns. If not I have the Popcorn maker nearby to make a bowl or two for everyone to sit back and watch the show as it grows. :)