PLC DateTime string in RSView32

pr_wainwright

Hi,
Is it possible to get the date and time as a string from a PLC & display on a RSView32 graphic page? I assume the 'system\DateAndTimeString' in RSView32 takes the date and time from the PC that RSView32 is installed on.

Thanks
Paul.

Paul,

I know you can get the date and time from the PLC using the Get System Value (GSV) instruction, but I think it can only go to a DINT or INT.

Mark

Probably, yes. It depends on the PLC.

One of my core-logic routines for Logix processors that I drop in every program I do is responsible for creating a formatted string in the PLC, that shows the date and time..

It updates it on a one second time base.

(Attached sample RSLogix 5000 program)

Similar Topics

How do you go about implementing, on the M580 PLC, how many days, hours, minutes before a predefine event in the future? The RRTC_DT yields the...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
the conveyor can stop because of a safety sensor or safety switch. And also it can stop because of an object jam detector sensor. If the conveyor...
Replies
Views
Good Day to all of you, this is my first post, i will try to explain as best as possible, english is not my natural language. I am performing an...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Someone at work has put a PLC system on my desk, that's just been taken off an idle production line. He said "It's an S7 PLC. We don't...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom