PLC DateTime string in RSView32

pr_wainwright

Hi,
Is it possible to get the date and time as a string from a PLC & display on a RSView32 graphic page? I assume the 'system\DateAndTimeString' in RSView32 takes the date and time from the PC that RSView32 is installed on.

Thanks
Paul.

Paul,

I know you can get the date and time from the PLC using the Get System Value (GSV) instruction, but I think it can only go to a DINT or INT.

Mark

Probably, yes. It depends on the PLC.

One of my core-logic routines for Logix processors that I drop in every program I do is responsible for creating a formatted string in the PLC, that shows the date and time..

It updates it on a one second time base.

(Attached sample RSLogix 5000 program)

Similar Topics

How do you go about implementing, on the M580 PLC, how many days, hours, minutes before a predefine event in the future? The RRTC_DT yields the...
Replies
Views
HI everyone, i am new to Siemens plc programming and i am in need of some help. yesterday we had an S7-1200 CPU 1214C fail to turn on an output to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Mitsubishi FX3G 14M PLC and a E615 HMI from Mitsubishi/Beijer. I'm using GXWorks 2 to do the programming and I have no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to import a Rockwell/AB EDS to Beckhoff but I'm not sure how to import/install the EDS. It is a PowerFlex 525 EDS. Is there a way...
Replies
Views
I want to communicate my Q series PLC with Factory IO using GX works 2 software, I want to use modbus as server and the ips are as follows plc...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom