SE version

Bob O

I have to add an SE client at a customer’s site but no one knows what version of SE the project was originally done in. Rockwell states that there isn’t away to determine this but I think there has to be because if you open an SE project with a different version it knows.
I have looked in the .sed file but nothing jumps out.
Do any of the forum members know of a way?

Thanks,
Bob

Maybe I've not understood your request... if you've access to the PCs where application resides, you may check via Windows Control Panel the version of installed software (thus the version of SE Client installed)

- fuzzy logic

Odd. That is exactly how Rockwell tech support asked me to verify the installed version number recently. Use Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs.

[08:52:59 AM] Me: Is there a way to see what version an SE project was done in? We have to add a client to an existing system and the customer doesn't know what version.
[08:54:43 AM] Rockwell: No.

Names changed in the above but this is a copy from chat.

I had this answer too. Very strange. A lot of times I get a Studio file and have no idea which version it was created on. The customer usually doesn't know either because he didn't create the file. I find it hard to beleive that there's now way to figure this out via the file! o_O