PID setting in temperature controller

ssana168

Dear all,
I need to know the manual setting of PID parameters in temperature controller.
Usually i used Autotuning function to set the PID parameters automatically.
The results of autotuning is given below,
P= 5.2
I= 356
D= 89
I have set the control cycle=30 second to avoid fast switching.
In these conditions i observed that when present value is 144 while setpoint is 150 degree centigrade, than it signals On for 10 seconds and Off for 20 seconds.
After completing 2 control cycles in this manner the present value remain at 144, so the temperature controller increased the On time to 11 seconds.

These all my observations and need to know about manual setting of these loops.

Well maybe, it depends on what P stands for.

If P stands for proportional band, increasing its value will make the tuning less aggressive, more sluggish and will decrease the output's on-time interval for any given error (in comparison to the smaller value).

If the P stands for gain, then increasing its value will make tuning more aggressive, less sluggish and will increase the output's on-time interval for any given error (in comparison to the smaller value).