Yaskawa Drives

Mark Buskell

Has anyone here had a problem with Yaskawa ethernet drives losing communications periodically and if so what did you do to fix it or what did you find out. This is on the G7 drives, ControlLogix (ENBT modules) and Hirschmann managed switches (ring configuration). The drives are on a range and set to fault (not alarm) if comms loss. We have done extensive testing and upgrading on our network and don't feel that is a problem.

The only times I had a problem like the one you are describing is when I had my RPI set to something less than 40ms. Also happened when my customer dropped in an unmanaged switch, but as long as you have the IGMP Snooping on your switch, it should be fine.

Similar Topics

Hey all, I have a couple older style Yaskawa servo drives (not sure on exact model at this moment, but i can get it) We had a power failure...
Replies
Views
We recently took on a small project upgrading one of our conveyor lines from rickety motor starters to VFD's. Until now, we have always stuck with...
Replies
Views
Dear Guys I have three 750W servo drive ( SGDS-08A12A ) and motors (SGMAH). I need an plc which can be used to control all three sets. All i...
Replies
Views
What would be valid reasons to choose an ab drive over a comparable yaskawa drive on a ab system with contrologix? Both have ethernet ip. Price...
Replies
Views
What is the best way to extract the hour and minute from the register that comes from Yaskawa VFD. In studio 5000 I have a register saved as INT...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom