Slc5/05 ethernet comms

RBeaumont

What would be the symptoms if you are transfering to many tags thru an ethernet connection with a Slc5/05.
Is there a number/rate that would be considered the upper limit?
I know this is extreamly vague, but I am trying to set up scada software and I am getting impossible interactions on my network.

I had the problem of inconsistent Scada updates slow recipe downloads in a project with many Strings&Floats a few years ago. We ended up switching to ControLogix and all was good. If I remember correctly Tech support describe a SLC as having one processor to do everything including comm's where a PLC5 as separate processors...basically the SLC505 is almost as capable as a PLC5 but is under horse powered.
I remember sticking an SVC instruction (or 2)in between my JSR's to service the Ethernet port more often and it helped. This will of course sacrifice a bit of scan time.

SVC
Channel 0 NO
Channel 1 Yes

Cheers,